Herberton State School P-10 has been caring for our students for over 130 years. The school was opened in 1881 and it was one of the original six state schools to have a secondary department added in 1912. It is the only remaining high-top school of the initial six.
Our school is situated in a small country town on the Atherton Tablelands.
With approximately 200 students the teachers and staff know each student and their family, providing a strong foundation for a safe, respectful and supportive learning environment at both our Primary and Secondary campuses.
Herberton State School P-10 acknowledges the Traditional Custodians, the Jirrbal People of the country in which this school is located and pays respect to their Elders past and present.
Mr Chris Honan